What are rheumatic diseases?
Conditions that affect joints, tendons, muscles and connective tissue and are due to an abnormal immune response, wherein the body makes antibodies against its own tissues. There are over 100 different autoimmune conditions/diseases which can lead to:
- Joint pain
- Inflammation (swelling, warmth and redness of the affected area)
- Reduced range of motion of a joint(s)
|Giant Cell Arteritis||Gout||Lupus||Fibromyalgia|
|Polymyalgia Rheumatica||Psoriatic Arthritis||Raynaud’s Phenomenon||Rheumatoid Arthritis|
|Sjogren’s Syndrome||Spondyloarthropathy||Systemic Sclerosis|
For a more complete list of rheumatologic conditions and diseases we see and treat click here.
- 10 Things You Should Know About Rheumatic Diseases
- Biologics: What Are They?
- RheumNow Podcast
- Adult Preventative Healthcare Guidelines